Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Double Bind


Please forgive my lack of posts recently: I'm working on my PhD and have little time for anything else.

However, there's an interesting feature in today's Guardian about the installations commissioned by Tate Modern for the Turbine Hall. Included in these is my favourite piece of art, Double Bind by Juan Munoz. I've written about this before on this blog, but I was struck by the final comment in this article, which suggests that, although there have been plans to exhibit Double Bind elsewhere, it currently remains in storage. I find that such a shame. And there is something deeply poignant about those beautiful, mysterious little creations, which were largely hidden away in the installation, being irrevocably removed from view. I would love to see Double Bind recreated somewhere else. It deserves to be seen.

No comments: