Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New year, new challenge

I always tend to say, a bit glibly, that many years ago I made a New Year's Resolution never to make any more New Year's Resolutions and I've stuck to that, but actually it isn't true. Last year, for example, I resolved I would write a chapter a month of my thesis and that's exactly what I did. It gave me a couple of months for revisions before final submission.

So this year I do have a New Year's Resolution. I am going to work on my novel and write 15,000 words per month. That way, I'll have a large number of words to start revising by autumn.

It's taking shape in my mind. Oddly, it appears to have a transsexual central character. I have no idea where she came from, but she is quite insistent, so I have to let her have her say... It's going to be an interesting ride...

5 comments:

Anthony Hopper said...

Happy New Year!

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Terrific. Happy New Year and may the force be with you etc etc etc

Jim H. said...

Happy New Year!! And good luck with your project.

Caroline M Davies said...

I'm rather late in wishing you a happy new year. I hope the writing is going well. Your central character sounds intriguing and already I'm looking forward to reading about her

Tom Conoboy said...

Thanks all

Nice to hear from you again Caroline, it's been a while. Hope you're okay. Just been on your blog and noticed you've had a collection of your poems published. Congratulations! I've ordered a copy. My father lied about his age in the war to get into the merchant navy. They were remarkable men.