Thursday, February 27, 2014

Finally

You may have noticed I've been quiet on here for the past three weeks or so. I've been preparing for my viva for my PhD defence.

Delighted to say that I passed it today. Looking forward to a quiet night doing nothing tonight...

I'd like to thank all the regulars on here whose comments and observations and ideas have fed in, however tangentially, to my final thesis. I love the discussions on here and hope to be able to enter into more of them, now that I'm free to read normally again.....

3 comments:

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Congratulations, Tom. Great news.

Jim H. said...

Nice work! Drain a pint or two for me! Of course, now you have to land an academic appointment.

btw: As we discussed, I'm now an active participant at Bootcamp. Thanks for the input.

Tom Conoboy said...

thanks both

Vanessa, I was in the university bookshop yesterday and saw the second edition of Short Circuit. I really like the new, larger format. Looks excellent.

Jim, great news, good luck and give my regards to snowball.....